We currently offer the following training sessions for staff. If you would like to find out more information or attend a session then please contact us
Sexual Violence Report and Support Workshop (half day)
A half day interactive session which is aimed at Sheffield Hallam staff who are (or are likely to be) supporting students with issues around disclosures of sexual violence.
- Define sexual violence and understand the range of behaviours
- Background to the current work
- Explore sexual consent
- Identify societal attitudes and rape myths
- Explore barriers to victims' disclosure
- Identify the impacts of sexual violence
- Describe the support available at SHU and how to access it
- Identify helpful and non-helpful responses when supporting victims
- Provide an update on current and future work
Sexual Violence Reporting Introduction Session (45 mins)
These sessions are a basic introduction to sexual violence and how to signpost students to appropriate support within SHU. This will be helpful for all staff in student-facing roles Including roles such as security, accommodation, helpdesk staff.
Team meetings (timed to suit - ideally min 30 minutes)
We are also keen to attend team meetings, or away days, or any opportunity where there is a chance to have a discussion with staff and explain our support and share some resources. If you would like us to come and speak to your team please contact us